PinkEye Relief® Eye Drops are homeopathic eye drops providing temporary relief for symptoms such as redness, burning, watering, inflammation, the sensation of grittiness, and overnight crusting in the eyes. PinkEye Relief® drops are safe and gentle to use with no known side effects, interactions with other medications, or contraindications.
About 3 to 6 million people get pink eye each year in the United States. In adults, viral causes are more common, while in children bacterial causes are more common. Typically, people get better in one or two weeks. If there is a visual loss, significant pain, sensitivity to light, signs of herpes, or a person is not improving after a week, further diagnosis and treatment may be required.
What’s pink eye?
Pink eye may be due to an inflammation of the outermost layer of the eye, although different conditions can cause symptoms similar to pink eye. A physician’s counsel should be sought out, to rule out any serious causes. Pink eye can occur in adults, but most often occurs in young children, who are more vulnerable.
How can you tell what type of pink eye you have?
The way your eyes feel will provide some clues:
- Viral pink eye usually causes excessive eye watering and a light discharge. The most common cause is the same virus as the common cold, and it is very contagious
- Bacterial pink eye often causes a red eye and thick, sticky discharge, sometimes greenish. It is highly contagious and caused by bacterial infections
- Allergic pink eye affects both eyes and causes itching and redness in the eyes and sometimes the nose, as well as excessive tearing. It is a reaction to an irritant and is not contagious.
- Giant Papillary pink eye(GPC) usually affects both eyes and causes contact lens intolerance, itching, a heavy discharge, tearing and red bumps on the underside of the eyelids.
It can often be difficult to diagnose the type of pink eye you have by symptoms alone. Your eye doctor will usually prescribe antibiotics or allergy medication for the more severe forms of pink eye. For these reasons, anytime you develop red, irritated eyes, you should call your eye doctor immediately and schedule an eye exam.
Despite these precautions, you or your child may still develop pink eye. If you have contagious pink eye, be mindful of others and do your part to keep the infection from spreading.
If your child is affected, tell his or her teacher about the infection so precautionary steps can be taken to sanitize the classroom or daycare center.
It is recommended that you consult your eye doctor on the length of time when you or your child can again mingle with others without risk of spreading contagious pink eye — it’s usually about three to five days after the diagnosis.
Is pink eye contagious?
"Viral and bacterial pink eye is contagious and spread very easily. Since most pink eye is caused by viruses for which there is usually no medical treatment, preventing its spread is important." -WebMD. Poor hand-washing is the main cause of the spread of pink eye.
How to prevent spreading pink eye:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water. And wash up immediately if you’ve touched an affected person’s eyes, linens or clothes (for example, when caring for a child who has the pink eye). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use the same eye drop dispenser/bottle for infected and non-infected eyes—even for the same person.
- Avoid sharing articles like towels, blankets, and pillowcases.
- Clean your eyeglasses.
- Clean, store, and replace your contact lenses as instructed by your eye health professional.
- Do not share eye makeup, face makeup, makeup brushes, contact lenses or containers, or eyeglasses.
There are also steps you can take to avoid re-infection once the infection goes away:
- Dispose of any eye or face makeup or applicators you used while infected.
- Dispose of contact lens solutions you used while infected.
- Dispose of contact lenses and cases you used.
- Clean your eyeglasses and eyeglass cases thoroughly.
Want to learn more about pink eye?
Just click here or the logo for All About Vision.com’s (AAV) information about pink eye and other information relative to the condition. They provide a comprehensive, up-to-date consumer resource about all aspects of eye health and vision correction. AAV enlightens visitors about the many products, therapies and services that can enhance their vision, and their lives. Check them out!
PinkEye Relief® Active Ingredients:
|Aconite HPUS 6x||Inflammation, Redness|
|Apis HPUS 6x||Swelling|
|Argentum Nit. HPUS 12x||Burning|
|Euphrasia HPUS 6x||Watering|
|Natrum Arsenicicum HPUS 11x||Grittiness, Overnight crusting|
“HPUS” indicates the active ingredients of this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Benzalkonium chloride (preservative), Purified water, Sodium chloride, Sodium phosphate dibasic, Sodium phosphate monobasic
How does PinkEye Relief® really work?
PinkEye Relief® Eye Drops are naturally homeopathic. Naturally meaning it is optimally comprised with our patented formulation using 5 specific active ingredients or “elements of nature”. Our specific formula uses elements that have been used for hundreds of years, but only our formula uses this formulation. Here are some descriptions of our active ingredients and a little bit about them:
- Aconite — for inflammation and redness for your sore, tired, and over-worked eyes.
- Apis— for red, burning, swollen eyes that feel better with cold applications.
- Argentum Nitricum— for red, swollen eyes with puss-like discharge and splintering pains.
- Euphrasia— for pink eyes with watery tears that burn the face and may become a thick discharge. Despite the production of watery tears, the individual may complain of a dry, gritty sensation in the eyes.
Natrum Arsenicicum — for pink eyes with crusting, grittiness and/or overnight yellow green discharge and itchy eyes that may accompany or immediately follow a cold. The eyelids tend to stick together, and symptoms generally improve with cold compresses too.
Directions for Use:
Suitable for adults and children ages 2 and over. Children under the age of 2: Consult a physician before use.
- Squeeze 1-3 drops in the eye.
- Use several times per day as needed.
- Use within 30 days of opening.
- Expiration date only refers to unopened bottle.
Homeopathic remedies may not be effective for everyone. Individual results may vary.
- A PHYSICIAN SHOULD ALWAYS BE CONSULTED TO RULE OUT SERIOUS CAUSES
- For External Use Only.
- This product is intended to complement, not replace standard medical treatment.
- Initial worsening of symptoms may occur.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Contact lens wearers: Consult a physician prior to using.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- To avoid contamination – do not touch tip to any surface.
- Replace cap after every use.
- Use within 30 days of opening.
- EXPIRATION DATE ONLY REFERS TO THE UNOPENED BOTTLE.
- The use of this container by more than one person may spread infection.
Do not use if:
- Solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
- You frequently contract infections that do not clear up easily.
- You experience eye pain or changes in vision.
- You are experiencing a thick, white, yellow, or green discharge that forms a crust on the eyelid.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye.
- The condition worsens.
- Symptoms last longer than 72 hours.
- Store at room temperature 15° to 30° C (59° to 86°F)
- Keep bottle tightly closed.
Non-prescription drug products cannot treat infections. · Active ingredients are micro-diluted in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States and are therefore non-toxic with no known side effects or contraindications.
Question: What is pink eye?
Answer: Pink eye may be due to an inflammation of the outermost layer of the eye, although in reality any number of conditions can make the eye look pink or red. Pink eye can occur in adults, but most often occurs in young children, who are more vulnerable.
Question: What is PinkEye Relief®?
Answer: PinkEye Relief® is a homeopathic, sterile eye drop used to provide temporary relief from redness, burning, watering, inflammation, sensation of grittiness and overnight crusting in the eyes. PinkEye Relief® is safe and gentle to use with no known contraindications. This homeopathic formula stimulates the body’s ability to temporarily relieve these symptoms.
Question: How does it work?
Answer: PinkEye Relief® works via the traditional homeopathic mode of action, which is that they utilize lesser amounts (micro-dilutions) of ingredients that would cause the symptoms in a large dose. These ingredients in a micro-dilution gently stimulate the immune system to respond to these symptoms.
Question: Should I see a doctor?
Answer: Pink eye symptoms should always be diagnosed by a doctor to ensure that the most appropriate treatment or treatments are prescribed and that the condition is properly monitored.
Question: How long do I use it before I get relief?
Answer: Every individual is different and since the homeopathic active ingredients are stimulating the body’s response, results will vary from person to person. Relief on average should be felt within a matter of days.
Question: What adverse reactions, drug interactions, contra-indications, or possible complications are there?
Answer: Homeopathic remedies have a 200-year history of having no known adverse reactions or drug interactions. They are safe for infants, children and adults. A physician should always be consulted to rule out serious causes.