Eye Strain Relief®
Eye Fatigue. Eye Strain. Difficulty Focusing. Blue Light Exposure.
Get Blue Light Relief™ with Eye Strain Relief®.
*FDA Disclaimer: Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated. Individual results may vary.
What is Eye Strain Relief® Eye Drops?
Do your eyes get tired from driving, reading, or working on digital devices for much of the day? Relieve the discomfort and soothe your dry eyes with Eye Strain Relief® Eye Drops. Eye Strain Relief® Eye Drops are homeopathic eye drops made with six, 100% natural active ingredients formulated to temporarily relieve eye strain symptoms such as dry eyes, eye strain with headache, eye fatigue, blurry vision, and double vision. Eye Strain Relief® is effective in reducing the effects of digital eyestrain, including eye fatigue caused by blue light exposure. Be assured, Eye Strain Relief® is formulated to help you with Blue Light Relief™
Each bottle is 10 mL (0.33 fl oz).
Use 1-2 drops, 3 times a day or as needed
What is Eye Strain?
Eye strain is a general term referring to a group of symptoms associated with over-use of the eyes. Eye strain is likely to occur when focusing your eyes for an extended period of time during tasks such as driving, reading, or using digital devices such as computers, tablets, and smart phones. In today’s fast-paced, digital world, ocular fatigue has become an increasingly common condition. In fact, 65% of all Americans report experiencing digital eye strain symptoms. This is in part due to overexposure to blue light emitted from the screens of our digital devices.
What Causes Eye Strain?
Eye strain symptoms can be caused by a number of different tasks and environments. Symptoms are most often the result of concentrated use of your eyes during visual tasks such as driving, reading, using digital devices, working in dim lighting, or exposure to extremely bright light or ‘blue light’. According to All About Vision, eye strain symptoms occur in up to 90 percent of workers who use computers or digital devices to perform their jobs.
What is Blue Light?
Blue light refers to a specific range of light in the light spectrum that contains the highest levels of energy. Blue light can be found all around us in the world. For one, sunlight is the most common (and strongest) form of blue light. However, blue light is also emitted from smartphones, tablets, TV’s, computers, & LED lighting. Prolonged exposure to blue light, especially by those who work on computers or digital screens for more than 6 hours per day, can cause eye strain symptoms including dry eyes, blurry vision, tired eyes, sore eyes, and headaches associated with eye fatigue. Due to the high energy of blue light, it is able to easily reach the retina in our eye, forcing our eyes to work overtime in order to focus. While the human eye is very effective in filtering out UV rays, nearly all blue light will pass through the cornea and reach the retina. While exposure to blue light from the sun is usually not cause for concern, the duration of time and our proximity to digital screens in the workplace account for an increase in side effects from blue light exposure. For this reason, many people have elected to wear blue light blocking glasses, or ‘computer glasses’ to protect their eyes from digital screens.
Blue light also has the ability to affect our sleep patterns (Circadian rhythm). Due to the high energy of blue light, our body’s natural response is an increase in alertness, as well as improvement in our mood and performance. However, for those who use digital devices during nighttime hours, this can make it extremely difficult to fall asleep. Studies have shown that exposure to blue light can actually impede the production of melatonin in the body, thus disrupting our circadian rhythm. This is extremely important because our sleep pattern also helps to regulate our eating behavior, brain activity, and other important functions. It is recommended that you stop using digital devices and bright lighting several hours before going to sleep.
If your digital eye strain symptoms are keeping you awake at night, we recommend using Eye Strain Relief® PM Ointment, as it is formulated with an additional natural active ingredient to address sleeplessness caused by eye strain.
Long Term Effects of Blue Light
While the immediate effects of blue light on the human body are well documented, researchers are still studying its long-term consequences. Some studies suggest that prolonged exposure to blue light over time can lead to damaged light-sensitive cells in the retina. This type of damage to the retina presents symptoms similar to those of macular degeneration and could result in premature aging of the eyes (check out our AgingEye Relief® drops for corneal & macular health support!).
Is Eye Strain Dangerous?
General eye strain symptoms can occur in both adults and children and are usually not cause for serious concern. However, some cases of eye strain can be the result of a more serious condition. For this reason, we always recommend consulting your doctor or physician if you are experiencing eye pain or changes in vision. Additionally, if your child is under the age of 12 and experiencing eye strain symptoms, seek the advice of your doctor or physician to rule out any serious underlying causes.
How Can I Avoid Eye Strain and Blue Light Exposure?
- Here are a few tips to help reduce your eye strain symptoms:
- Use the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at an object at least 20 feet away from you for at least 20 seconds.
- Stand up from your desk to stretch or go for a short walk.
- Make a conscious effort to blink more often when preforming visual tasks.
- Increase the resolution / decrease screen brightness on your computer.
- Use a blue light filter on your computer or tablet.
- Purchase a pair of blue light glasses to wear while working on digital devices.
- Use Eye Strain Relief® Eye Drops during the day & Eye Strain Relief® PM Ointment at night to alleviate dry, tired eyes.
- Refrain from using digital devices for at least 1 hour before going to sleep (76% of Americans look at their digital devices in the hour before going to sleep.)
- Speak with your eye care professional about ways to protect your eyes from blue light.
“Blue Light and Your Eyes.” Prevent Blindness, 2019, www.preventblindness.org/blue-light-and-your-eyes.
Bradford, Alina.“How Blue LEDs Affect Sleep.” LiveScience, Feb. 2016, www.livescience.com/53874-blue-light-sleep.html.
“Eyes Overexposed: The Digital Device Dilemma.” The Vision Council. Heiting, Gary. “Blue Light: It's Both Bad and Good for You.” All About Vision, Nov. 2017, www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/blue-light.htm.
“Problems & Conditions: Digital Eye Strain.” Digital Eye Strain | The Vision Council, 2019, www.thevisioncouncil.org/content/digital-eye-strain.
Eye Strain Relief® Drops
|Conium Maculatum HPUS 6x||Eye fatigue, drooping lids|
|Euphrasia HPUS 6x||Relaxing, calming, soothing|
|Natrium muriaticum HPUS 8x||Difficulty reading|
|Physostigma venenosum HPUS 13x||Myopia, difficulty focusing|
|Ruta graveolens HPUS 6x||Eye strain with headache|
|Senega officinalis HPUS 6x||Double vision|
“HPUS” indicates the active ingredients of this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Benzalkonium chloride (preservative), Purified water, Sodium chloride, Sodium phosphate dibasic, Sodium phosphate monobasic
Eye Strain Relief®Drops
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Suitable for adults and children ages 2 and over. Children under the age of 2: Consult a physician before use.
- Squeeze 1-3 drops in the eye.
- Use several times per day as needed.
- Homeopathic remedies may not be effective for everyone. Individual results may vary.
Eye Strain Relief®Drops
- A PHYSICIAN SHOULD ALWAYS BE CONSULTED TO RULE OUT SERIOUS CAUSES.
- For External Use Only.
- This product is intended to complement, not replace standard medical treatment.
- Initial worsening of symptoms may occur.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Contact lens wearers: Consult a physician prior to using.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- To avoid contamination – do not touch tip to any surface.
- Replace cap after every use. • Use within 30 days of opening.
- EXPIRATION DATE ONLY REFERS TO THE UNOPENED BOTTLE.
- The use of this container by more than one person may spread infection.
Do not use if:
- Solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
- You frequently contract infections that do not clear up easily.
- You experience eye pain or changes in vision.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye.
- The condition worsens.
- Symptoms last longer than 72 hours.
- Store at room temperature 15° to 30° C (59° to 86°F)
- Keep bottle tightly closed.
- Non-prescription drug products cannot treat infections.
- Active ingredients are micro-diluted in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States and are therefore non-toxic with no known side effects or contraindications.
What is Eye Strain Relief®?
Eye Strain® is a homeopathic eye drop, designed to be used with adult eye supplements. Eye Strain Relief® provides temporary relief for symptoms such as eye strain with headache, double vision, Difficulty focusing, difficulty reading, eye fatigue. Eye Strain Relief® is safe and gentle to use, with no side effects, interactions with other medications, or contraindications.
How does Eye Strain Relief® work?
Eye Strain Relief® works via the traditional homeopathic mode of action, which is that it utilizes small amounts (micro-dilutions) of ingredients that would cause, in a large dose, eye strain symptoms. These ingredients, in a micro-dilution, gently stimulate the immune system to respond to these symptoms.
Should I see a doctor?
Eye Strain symptoms should always be diagnosed by a doctor to insure that the most appropriate treatment or treatments are prescribed, and that the condition is properly monitored.
How long should I use Eye Strain Relief® before getting relief?
Every individual is different, and since the homeopathic active ingredients are stimulating the body’s response, results will vary from person to person. It may take up to 60 days for full relief. While a great number of people have found relief with our products, they do not work for everyone.
What adverse reactions, drug interactions, contra-indications, or possible complications are there?
Homeopathic remedies have a 200 year history of having no known adverse reactions or drug interactions. They are okay for adults and children over the age of 12. Use only after diagnosis by a physician; who should always be consulted to rule out serious causes. Initial worsening of symptoms may occur, a situation known by homeopathic doctors as a healing aggravation. If this occurs, discontinue use until symptoms subside, then resume use.