Stye Relief® Ointment
*FDA Disclaimer: Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated. Individual results may vary.
Red. Itchy. Burning. Swollen.
Get Relief with Stye Relief®.
Stye Relief® Lubricating Sterile Eye Ointment is a homeopathic ointment for the temporary relief of the symptoms of styes such as • itching • burning • tearing and swollen bumps on the eyelid. Stye Relief® ointment is safe and gentle to use with no known side effects, interactions with other medications, or contraindications.
Each tube 0.14 oz (4 grams).
Apply 3 to 4 times a day.
Questions? Contact us.
What is a Stye (Sty)?
A stye, also known as a hordeolum, is best described as a small red bump or inflammation that appears in or around your eyelid. Typically, styes are tender and sensitive to the touch. They are often caused by a bacterial infection at the base of an eyelash or on the inside of the lid. Styes are similar to pimples in that they are the result of the glands in your lids becoming clogged with oil, debris, or bacteria. Very rarely do styes effect both eyes simultaneously, although it is possible. Additionally, styes are more likely to occur if you suffer from blepharitis, a condition that causes the base of the eyelashes to become red and swollen.
What are Stye Symptoms?
Some signs that you may be experiencing a stye include:
- Red, swollen bump on lid(s)
- Discharge of puss from the stye
- Crusting along the edge of the lid
- Swollen eye lids
- Itching or burning around the eye
- Excessive watering of the eyes
- Sensitivity to touch and general discomfort
Are Styes Contagious?
Technically styes are contagious. In most cases it is not the actual stye, but the bacteria causing the stye, that can be passed from one person to another. However, it is very unlikely that you will spread the bacteria to someone else unless it’s under unusual circumstances. Most people already have the bacteria in their body that can cause them to develop a stye, so it does not necessarily come from someone else. It is best to take appropriate steps to insure you are not taking any risks in potentially spreading the bacteria to others.
Should I See my Doctor?
The good news is that although styes can be unsightly and incredibly uncomfortable, they are generally not cause for concern. If left untreated, most styes resolve themselves within a week or so. People often seek treatment to reduce symptoms, allowing them to continue living their lives more comfortably. If you are experiencing severe eye pain, change in vision, continued redness, or irritation of the eye, we recommend you stop using the product and consult your doctor or physician to rule out any serious causes or conditions.
How to Prevent a Stye
There are several precautions you can take to help prevent a stye. For starters, try to not touch your eyes whenever possible. If you do need to touch your eye, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before doing so, as this is one of the easiest ways to cause an eye infection. Furthermore, it is important to take proper care of products that are used in or around your eyes. This includes making sure your cosmetics are not expired and being used by only you. It is also important to make sure that you are properly cleaning and taking care of your contact lenses.
Treatment for Styes
If you are suffering from a stye, we recommend using The Relief Products’™ Stye Relief® Homeopathic Sterile Eye Ointment. The Stye Relief® ointment consists of key base ingredients including mineral oil and white petrolatum to sooth the irritation. Additionally, Stye Relief® contains five 100% natural active ingredients specifically formulated to alleviate stye symptoms including pain and inflammation, swelling of the lid, itching, burning, and watering of the eye. Because the active ingredients are natural, there is no need to worry about side effects or interactions with any other medications you may be taking. By applying the ointment 3-4 times daily and before bed you will be able to continue with your daily life feeling more comfortable until your symptoms have subsided.
Home Remedies for Styes
There are several at home remedies in addition to using Stye Relief® Ointment that can help speed up the healing process. Some of these remedies include:
- Using a warm compress on the stye for 10-15 minutes several times per day can help to open up the inflamed glands, allowing the puss or oil to drain more easily from the stye.
- Wash the infected eye with mild soap and water. This will help to keep the infected area clean while it is healing. We recommend putting Stye Relief® ointment on the lid after you have cleaned it for optimal results.
- Similar to a warm compress, you can also use a warm tea bag on the lid to help alleviate some of these symptoms. Black tea is most recommended, as it is effective in relieving swelling, as well as containing antibacterial properties.
- If the stye is incredibly painful you may want to take some Ibuprofen or Tylenol to help alleviate some of the pain and discomfort. Ibuprofen specifically can help with the inflammation you may be experiencing.
- Avoid using cosmetics or contact lenses if possible. These items may irritate your eye and could potentially delay the healing process. You also want to avoid spreading any bacteria from the stye to these items, as this may result in another stye.
|Apis HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c||Pain and burning|
|CarboneumSulphuratum HPUS6c,12c,18c||Reoccurring inflammations|
|Pulsatilla HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c||Painful swelling|
|Silica HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c||Itching|
|Staphysagria HPUS 6c, 12c, 18c||Watering and Burning|
The letters HPUS indicate that the components of this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Lactose, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Purified Water, Stearic Acid, Wheat Germ Oil, White Petrolatum
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Suitable for adults and children ages 2 and over. Children under the age of 2: Consult a physician before use.
- Thoroughly wash your hands
- Open the cap and squeeze out approximately 1//8” of the ointment onto your finger tip.
- Gently apply the ointment directly to the stye.
- Replace cap after each use.
Homeopathic remedies may not be effective for everyone. Individual results may vary.
- A PHYSICIAN SHOULD ALWAYS BE CONSULTED TO RULE OUT SERIOUS CAUSES.
- For External Use Only.
- This product is intended to complement, not replace standard medical treatment.
- Initial worsening of symptoms may occur.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Contact lens wearers: Consult a physician prior to using.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- To avoid contamination – do not touch tip to any surface.
- Replace cap after every use.
- Use within 30 days of opening.
- EXPIRATION DATE ONLY REFERS TO THE UNOPENED BOTTLE.
- The use of this container by more than one person may spread infection.
Do not use if:
- Bottom ridge of tube cap is exposed.
- Cap or tube is damaged.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye.
- The condition worsens.
- Symptoms last longer than 72 hours.
- Store at room temperature 15° to 30° C (59° to 86°F)
- Keep tube tightly closed.
Non-prescription drug products cannot treat infections. · Active ingredients are micro-diluted in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States and are therefore non-toxic with no known side effects or contraindications.
Question: What is a Stye?
Answer: A stye is a tender, painful red bump located at the base of an eyelash or under the inside of the eyelid. A stye results from a localized infection of the glands. Styes are very common, most often between the ages of 20 and 50.
Question: What is Stye Relief®?
Answer: Stye Relief® is a homeopathic lubricating eye ointment. It is the first of its kind, and it relieves symptoms associated with styes.
Question: How does it work?
Answer: Stye Relief® works via the traditional homeopathic mode of action, which is that it utilizes small amounts (micro-dilutions) of ingredients that would cause stye symptoms in a larger dose. These ingredients in a micro-dilution gently assist the immune system to address symptoms associated with styes.
Question: Should I see a doctor?
Answer: Homeopathic remedies have no side effects, and have a 200 year track record of being safe for children, and adults. However, we do recommend seeing a doctor to rule out any serious condition.
Question: How long should I use it before I get relief?
Answer: Every individual is different, and since the homeopathic active ingredients are stimulating the body’s response, results will vary from person to person. While we do have reports of people getting results in a few days, generally results will be gradually noticed between one to several days.
Question: What reactions, complications, or side effects are there?
Answer: Stye Relief® is an all-natural, homeopathic product. It has no side effects or interactions with any other medications that you might be taking. Homeopathy has a 200-year track record of safe and effective relief, and our products are safe for infants, children, and adults. We recommend visiting a doctor to rule out any serious conditions.
Question: What’s the difference between Stye Relief® and competitors?
Answer: Stye Relief® is the only product on the market that is both homeopathic and an ointment. There are other ointments on the market, but they are not homeopathic. There are other homeopathic products for the treatment of Styes, but they are in liquid form, so the drops run off and do not stay on the affected area. With Stye Relief®, the ointment will stay in place and help you to feel better.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.